Can music help you to revive depression?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by amitkokiladitya, Apr 25, 2017.

1. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

It is said that music has great powers. It can heal the most diseased soul to wide extent. Do you feel that it has the powers to revive a person from depression as well?

2. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Yes, I think some music therapy could be good,and playing a instrument can really help. They also could listen to music and this could help with their therapy as well,while this process helps them let the feelings go that are troubling them. Listening to music can be very soothing to the soul ,and meditating or drawing while music plays can improve your mood as well.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Jasmin Cottontail likes this.
  3. Francis88

Francis88 New Member

I do not really consider myself to suffer from depression as much as others, but I can definitely say that it has a positive effect on my mood and that I can see it helping a lot for certain people. It is a powerful thing and anything that can provide a little relief is certainly helpful.

amitkokiladitya likes this.
  4. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I think the relief that music can provide to a heavy heart is always incredible. The music, lyrics, tone and rhythm is song...everything creates wonders.

5. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

Absolutely :) I remember a time when I was depressed and being suicidal. Music played a great part in my recovery. There are a lot of songs that inspired me and there's this one certain song that I remember which made me want to move on again called Today My Life Begins by Bruno Mars :) Not only it's melody that got me but also the lyrics which made total sense to me that time. So I really believe that music can help people to cope up with depression.

6. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Is that so? I'm really sorry but happy that now the things at your end have improved. In my case I will not say depression but whenever I' sad and gloomy music really helps to elevate my mood to a great extent. I believe that music has great healing powers.

Jasmin Cottontail likes this.
  7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Definitely music has power... A lot of power! It's one of the simplest and most effective forms of therapy that exist and can really help anyone who has or has ever had depression.

The link between the power of music and depression (and other diseases) deserves much more attention and in-depth study. Certainly, a lot of good will come out of it.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

Indeed :) Music is really powerful and I'm just simply amazed how music can heal a person or change ones mood. I just miss those days when we still have good music. Thanks to our technology now that we can still listen to the good old music back in the days :) I truly believe that music during the 70's-90's are the best ones that we had.

9. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Yes the music from 70' s to 90's was the best music till date. There is a bundle of good songs that were available at that time and prove good even till date.

Listening to the good old melodies always enhances the mood of one and all. Any person with a living heart is always moved by sound and words of good music.

10. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

True...music has great powers to an extent that it can very well revive the almost dead. It is the best natural healing remedy.

Shine_Spirit likes this.
  11. Empire

Empire New Member

Not Working
    Home Page:
    Music tends to chnage me, I like to play ETS2 as a drive along musics keeps be going and it feels good

12. to7update

to7update New Member

Music goes back and appeals to our emotions, but at the same time blends those with our current ones. If we have depressive tendencies and we are feeling sensitive I'd avoid those songs that evoke that, it will just make our situation worse.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Music in this sense - as a type of treatment - certainly needs (and deserves) to be well studied because the benefits are actually much greater than we can imagine. :)

Music can literally save lives and people need to understand this once and for all.

14. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Music is used as a therapy in most of the rehabilitation centres. Soft, soothing and inspiring music including prayer songs are played every morning that allows the people staying there to start their day with high spirits and positive attitude .

15. to7update

to7update New Member

If we pick the right songs, and we use some sort of method. The thing is that music captures the essence of a certain moment and it's stored in our mind until the next time we hear it and revive it all again...

16. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Yes the correct form and type of music is mandatory. It is the selection of music that is the main part. A proper music related to the needs can definitely create wonders.

17. sachin

sachin Member

Yes of course it helps me come out from the depression.
    Sometimes music is the best friend of mine who help me to get back from the depression.

18. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Music is always an all time healer. It can revive the most diseased and depressed soul. But the correct choice of songs is very important. Playing the wrong track at the wrong time can really worsen things.

Imagine a depressed person listening to a depressing soul.... What extent to if damage can it cause. He will go deep in his depression and revival will be really tough.

19. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I had one composition with the line that says music is the language of the soul. Depression is an emotional problem and I think music can affect its condition. However, most psychologists advise against listening to music when you are depressed for it will only aggravate the depression particularly if the music has a connotation of the past that would remind the patient of a sad episode in his life. Maybe you have to be selective with the music in order to heal depression.

20. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

Music is a stress reliever, and it can help you to cope with depression. But of course, you should be selective too. Too much aggression in songs won't help. But if you will listen to some songs about struggling depression, Linkin Park has released a lot of songs about that. In fact, Linkin Park's "One More Light" talks about the depressed Chester Bennington's thoughts. But it ended in a sad way. Listening to quite happy and relaxing songs would be great. Jazz music can be a great one too.