Can music help you to revive depression?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by amitkokiladitya, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Icyco

Icyco Member

Yes, I believe that music can motivate people and give them a positive feeling. Sometimes when I am down or bored, music can help lift my spirit up a bit and break me out of my mood. It is healthy for a person to listen to good motivating music every now and again.

2. Pravish

Pravish New Member

Listening to music has been the cure for a few mental problems, according to the latest research. Specific frequencies in the music help the nerves in the brain to relax. If you are in a depression, listening to soothing music can help you get out of it rather than sad songs which I think will aggravate your depression. So the music has to be used according to your state of mind to get maximum benefit and comfort out of it.

3. wiseagent

wiseagent New Member

Unfortunately, yes. :(

However, I think music only has that kind of power when the person unfortunately - for some reason - couldn't get rid of the problem (because the music by itself can't do that).

Music definitely has a power that millions of people, sadly, are still unaware of (but one day they'll surely know :D), so... It's best not to underestimate any kind of situation.

4. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin New Member

Yes, music can help you recuperate from your downhartedness. In psychology there's this therapy called music therapy. Psychologist uses music to lead the mood of their patient. Music is a tool to enhance one person's mood, but as a stand alone treatment, it is not ideal. Reinforcing the therapy with other motivative acts can revive you from your gloomy feeling.

5. sachin

sachin Member

ofcourse yes,music is a best way to relieve from the stress or any kind of the depression..there is an many kind of music related to different felling of humans like love,sad,happy,etc., Its a treatment for an one who fell lonely and sadly...

6. augusta

augusta New Member

Sure,I'm a very emotional person.When life throws me sadness and bitterness,the only thing I turn to is music because I don't drink or smoke and it has been of immense help.When depressed or in a dark place.I just listen to my genre of music which is mostly R/B and it will liven me up and give me a new life.Really music is life and a universal language.It is understood by all.

7. jbernardo

jbernardo New Member

Yes it can help deprive depression especially those inspirational music. I used to listen those music especially during my down time. The lyrics and melody of the song helps calm and soothe my self. Sometimes I even cried out if I have a big problem and I grateful because it helps me release my tension during those times.

8. zheh

zheh New Member

Yes, i believe music is magical. It can help you switch your mood depends on the type of music you listen to. The lyrics and rhythm is very important. There's this time that i got depress and music is one of the instrument that helps me ease the pain. I started Playing guitar that helps me divert my mind from overthinking things. So yes music really helps depression.

9. Canadian

Canadian Member

It depends. If you listen to more positive music then yes I agree it will help reduce depression but if you listen to depressing music with not a lot of encouraging lyrics then it can make you even more depressed.

10. sachin

sachin Member

Yes,but sometimes when I'm in depression sad songs also have healing power that makes me to feel good.

11. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

Yes, it definitely can. Depending on the song that you are listening to, the music can amplify your mood. If you listen to happy and inspiring songs when you are down, it can, in turn, remove or lighten that depression. But if you listen to sad and depressing songs like Adele's, it can act as a catalyst and make you sadder. :(

12. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I had a friend who was suffering from mild depression. It was so mild that no one knew until he revealed his problem. But he looked and acted normally. One time, we were invited to a gathering and there was karaoke singing. You know karaoke sessions, the songs are mostly old songs that can stir your memory to recall the past. I noticed my friend with teary eyes. He said that he felt so lonely upon listening to one old song that reminded him of his ex. In that event, I think my friend cried not only 5 times. It was the song that triggered nostalgia and since he has slight depression hence he couldn't help himself but to cry.

13. Kammy143

Kammy143 New Member

I think it goes both ways. Meaning, it could suppress or ignite the emotion of the listener. Depression is not something to ignore. Anything that triggers it might make things worst. Some people uses music to let their emotions out that is why they find things that may divert them from what they are feeling or sometimes find things that relates to their mood. So with your question if music could revive depression, my answer is yes, in some cases.