Do babies like music in the womb?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by jyu, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jyu

jyu New Member

You may be able to tell if your baby can hear sounds outside your womb (uterus) by playing music, and reading or talking to him. If he can hear what's going on, he may respond by moving around more. Studies of newborn behaviour show that babies get used to the music and voices they've heard in the womb.

2. Giffy

Giffy Member

Definitely babies listen to the music the mum is Also listen .A research was carried out and it as ascertain that babies do hear while in the womb and as such they can hear both organised and non organized sound .So since music is an organised sound it shows they listen to music.

3. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

I believe that babies can listen to music even if they are still in the womb. Most of the parents here in my country has the practice to listen to kid songs and other songs intended for babies when a family member is pregnant. They believe that the baby will get used to it and will learn these songs faster once they come out.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I had read an article by a doctor that a mother who is exposed to music will have a healthier baby. What the mother hears is also heard by the baby in the womb. However, I think the baby starts to have a hearing function on the last trimester and that is when the baby is 6 months already. Classical music is recommended and other songs with slower beat.

5. Heatman

Heatman New Member

I'm not a professional in this field and I'm not a women as well because I believe that they are the ones who can answer this question accurately since they are the ones who are pregnancy. So therefore, I'm not going to give an inconclusive response to what I'm not 100% sure about.

6. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

I think that they do because from the narration which my wife gave me when she was pregnant with our first child, she made me understand that the baby was linked to her completely, so anything that makes her happy also makes the baby happy and music does make her and the baby happy.

7. superman2727

superman2727 Member

I guess yes, babies in the womb of the mother love musics as well. Although they can only heard the tune and melody of it but it can make them relax or something. The slow melody of a songs will really helps them. The sweet tone of it. But not the rock ones of course.