Do you agree that rock songs are very inspiring?

Discussion in 'Rock' started by mildredtabitha, Oct 4, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

Everyone needs some good inspiration in their lives. I find rock songs to be very inspiring. Listening to them is enough to get my mood high when I'm feeling low. It is like the artists know what we face in life and by putting life challenges in a song, they make us feel we are not alone.

When I listened to rock music for the first time few years ago, I felt like I just found the best music for me. There is no way I am going to change this genre and start listening to something else. There is nothing better or more inspiring than the message we get from listening to rock music.

Do you agree that rock music inspires us in life?

2. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

It depends. I actually go for the lyrics and not the genre alone. If the lyrics are good, it is inspiring. If it has good lyrics, as well as good melody, it is better. We cannot say an entire genre is inspiring. Look for the artist, the lyrics, as well as the music. That makes a song is inspiring.

mildredtabitha likes this.
  3. luri

luri New Member

Yes rock music is very liberating. Rock music inspires me all the time. The extreme emotion is always loud. When you are very happy, you cry loud. When you are in severe pain, you cry loud, when you are extremely sad, you cry loud. Rock music is a loud music. Rock music is the ultimate expression of our emotions.

4. Lee

Lee New Member

Programmer and a Writer
    I definitely do agree!
    There those soft-rock songs and tracks that leave me breathless and most often adds strength on me. Those ones that have the ''themes'' that tell you to keep moving, never give up, you gat the stamina, you have what it takes, don't look back, love will cover everything or I'm here for you. Songs like Alive- by Sia, I won't give up on us- by Jason Mraz and the likes do me good. Anytime!

5. Nivraceel

Nivraceel New Member

Some music are inspiring and some are not. In every genre there would be inspiring song and annoying songs. But talking about Rock Music, I think the most inspiring song would be Princess of the Universe. The lyrics istelf will make you feel that you are more than just a mortal man.

6. Gladys Ann

Gladys Ann New Member

Well sometimes yes but Im not a fan of rock music because Im a bit fan of jazz and romantic love songs but sometimes rock music is good to hear though.

7. jyu

jyu New Member

I listen rock music sometimes but for me it's not inspiring, for me it's better to listen R&B or love songs because for me rock music is to noisy, full of roaring and I can't even understand the lyrics.

In my opinion the lyrics of the song is the most important thing in music but when I listen rock music I can't even understand the lyrics of the song and it's not inspiring.

8. fern2x2001

fern2x2001 New Member

Self-Employed
    Well, I'm able to understand what the vocalist is saying and if it's indeed inspiring, then yes! I do find some rock music inspiring. Rock music often brings the real life story experienced by the vocalist, the band or ordinary people like us so people are able to relate to what the music is all about. But there are also rock music that all you can understand is shouting and roaring and not really the lyrics. If only they could deliver it more clearly than just highlighting those roars and shouts, then i think more people can understand and relate to the music.

9. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

I also love Sia songs. Especially elastic heart.

Yes. Most artists share their life experiences through songs. They can also sing about their friend's life experience and this is very inspiring.

I also never understand the ones where they are shouting and roaring. But there are still rock fans who like them because shouting is also another way to get rid of stress and negative thoughts. I think they can be categorized in the group of electric* since much of what you hear is the guitar.

10. cubo

cubo New Member

I do agree. Rock songs are really inspiring because its rhythym helps us to drain our feelings. It also depends if you like this genre because if you hate rock, you are going to be inspired only to kill or destroy everything until the song ends.

11. justraf16

justraf16 New Member

Rock songs is inspiring, yes. But in general, for me it really depends on the lyrics the the particular rock song has. If the message of the lyrics something that inspires, so it does inspire. Wether it is rock or other genre, it really is on the message of the song that will tell inspire.

12. genesis

genesis New Member

All songs can change your emotions, either heightens it or vice versa. Rock songs can be inspiring depending on the lyrics of the song. I prefer classical country songs, country rock songs. But pure rock for me wherein I cannot even understand the vocalist's words, i think that's absurd. Same goes with the melody, if the melody is flat and tune stays the same, It'll definitely kill my life. All I am saying, if rock songs can be inspiring, it must be under your preference. Choose rock songs that'll give a good perspective about life, not kill it. :)

13. wiseagent

wiseagent New Member

Not all, but a good part of them I would say yes. But unfortunately, the lyrics of Rock's songs have a very strong association with bad elements and this seems to have gotten rooted in the minds of a lot of people (and this is really sad for those who really value this type of music :().

14. haroon rasheed

haroon rasheed New Member

High music can easily change our mood in a few moments.They make us feel better whenever we are sad.It is a good source of getting inspired.Some rock songs with lyrics can inspire us in our difficult time.

15. augusta

augusta New Member

Sure rock music not only inspiring it helps put one in a good frame of mind. It also very liberating because of the lyrics. I listen to rock music a lot when I don't to write some inspirational articles and it helps bring out the best in me.

16. CrabtreeLM

CrabtreeLM New Member

I believe music, no matter what genre it is plays a vital role in every person's life. We may have different perspectives and views in life, different likes, dislikes and inspirations since we were created very uniquely that's why I strongly believe that every Rock music In particular could be very inspiring to other people. If it's not then there won't be rock stars with millions of supporters right now. Right? According to a friend of mine who is a rock music lover, whenever he listens to it, it feels like he is floating in the clouds forgetting all the worries and problems and stresses that he have. It gives him a nice and calm feeling that makes him feel very relaxed and satisfied.

17. Dlankulit

Dlankulit New Member

No doubt! Rock music is pretty much inspiring. Listening to it helps make up my day especially on days that I feel down. Not only rock music sets up a good mood but it also helps someone to move on from a past relationship. Songs from Daughtry like "Over You" and "What About Now" helped me mend my broken heart.

18. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

It depends on the song. I am not really a rock music lover but there are rock songs that I like. And yes, some rock music can definitely be inspiring. One example is Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven which was popular when I was in high school. It seemed that I was inspired to study more whenever that song is playing on the radio. There's also the nice song of Queen which is Bohemian Rhapsody. I love the lyrics of that song just like Hotel California which have a good message.