Do you like remixed songs?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by amitkokiladitya, Jun 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I 'm a person who never favors musical remixes. Altering the present hits so add to modernize them is not something that I will ever support.

Some people say that the musical industry is over saturated with artists and the need to bring out something new gave birth to remixes. I feel that in today's time every work industry is over saturated. If one wants to show his talent he should start from the very beginning of composing a song. Altering something that is laready loved by many is not at all a display of talent.

2. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

I have to agree with you and say that I am not a big fan of remixes. I just don't really the point of them. I think it's getting silly how many remix songs there are lately. If you just open YouTube and type in a random song, you will likely get hundreds of remixes as well.

I much prefer people that make music from scratch and get exposure with their originality and creativity. I don't mind if I hear one or two on the radio but I wouldn't choose to listen to such songs by my own choice.

Thank god they don't really make remixes of my preferred genre of music - rock.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Depending on the music style, yes. By the way, many songs get much better after they're remixed. There are lots of great Djs that really do a good job (and not just making the same kind of sound all the time o_O).

amitkokiladitya likes this.
  4. Trig_Ke

Trig_Ke Member

I love remixes. They are always great to listen to. Everyone will agree with me when I say that most remixes are better than the original versions. This is because in the remix mistakes in the original version are minimised and so the song is fine tuned. Take for instance Taylor Swift's "Bad blood". It sounded way better in the remix than in the original version.

5. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

It really depends for me. I usually lean toward not liking remixes, but I've come to find that every once in a while I find a remix that I like a lot. If you don't listen to RAC's stuff, you should check him out. Most of his stuff is remixes of popular songs, and he does an incredible job. He's got a unique style that really plays out when he covers other people's work, which really impresses me.

Most recently, I discovered a remix of Bryce Fox's song Horns, which I really like. I enjoy both the original and remix, which is incredibly unusual for me.

Arc North took the song and made it sound a lot darker, which I really dig.

6. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I agree that remixes do justice to some songs. But there are many old melodies which end up in a disaster because of addition of modern and unsynchronized beats.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

With respect to the old songs (those considered timeless), the application of remixes should be simply forbidden. May seem exaggerated, but timeless songs deserve all consideration.

8. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I agree. I do not justify remixing and experimenting with the old melodies. If one wants to display his talent then it must be done on an original text and not on something which is actually a hit.

9. Icyco

Icyco Member

It really depends for me, on the genre of music and how it is done. However, I tend to enjoy the remixes of a song especially if techno music is involved in it. I usually listen to remixes of songs that were made in the 90's or the early 2000's. Some of them are good while others may just be mediocre to me. It all depends on the beat and rhythm.

10. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

The final results do depend on the best and the rhythm. Some remixed songs are such a big disaster that they are no less than a dream big offense to the original track. I feel disheartened when things like this happen. That is why I feel that fiddling with the old melodies is not justified.

11. sachin

sachin Member

I am not interested in remix songs, its not create much impact than original composition.
    It delineate the original track.

12. Kammy143

Kammy143 New Member

Sometimes I do, but sometimes I don't. Not all remixes does justice to the original song. In another tone, it is like listing to mash ups. Sometimes, songs blend well with other songs and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it is all in the arrangement.

13. Lillymunyua

Lillymunyua New Member

I really like remixed songs. I find it fun and entertaining, and also makes me feel lively especially when played in parties. Remixing songs makes boring songs sound entertaining. It also depends on who is doing the remix because, some Djs do not know how to remix songs properly. On the other hand Djs like Dj Kim Nick Dee are never boring.

14. superman2727

superman2727 Member

Yeah, I do love remixed songs especially if I will gonna remix! Also, I love remixed song when it comes to dancing. I love the collaboration of it and it is nice to dance along with.

15. junrose123

junrose123 New Member

I like remix songs because I can hear new music aside form its original version before, sometimes having a remix song is better than the old one that is why I am interested listening to rem,ix songs.

xXInfectedXx likes this.
  16. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

I like remixed songs of some people that know how to mix songs well. It's also nostalgic because we used to always play remixed music when we have dance performances in our school. We used remixed songs in our modern dances.

17. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx New Member

I'm sorry to say but I have to agree with the majority of users in this topic. I never jave liked technology, and never will. Humans are envolving to quickly. For instance, to create a remix yoy will be dealing with dj software and electrical programs. Sometimes remixed songs are just a tone or a beat and create no meaning and in the end, removing the connection between the tune and the lyrics and you can't feel the inner meaning of the song.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  18. Annejk18

Annejk18 New Member

For me, it depends on the remix. I don't like to loud and full of beat box. Steve Aoeki is one of my favorite artist, also Post Malone.