Do you pirate/illegally download music?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by EfficientNinja, Apr 15, 2018.

1. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

Hi guys!

I would like to know if you illegally download music. If you do, why? Do you support people who upload and download music like this? Or do you buy them digitally and physically?

I'll admit I was one of them when I was a kid. But right now I only use Spotify and YouTube to listen to them. This will support the artists and bands through ads and not steal from them like illegally shared music do.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Thanks!

2. DenisMNE

DenisMNE New Member

Its been a while since I downloaded a music.
    I mostly use YouTube or this app that lets me hear music in the background.
    I bough a few CDs but nothing big.
    Listening to music, in my case, is simply over Youtube and, sometimes, phone.
    I cant remember when was the last time I used a pirate site to download anything.

3. superman2727

superman2727 Member

I only listen music of my favorite rappers/artists in Youtube. I don't download music personally because I'm buying it on itunes since I am using an iPhone. I'd never think to download music of artist illegally or something.

4. KellyGeo

KellyGeo New Member

I don't know anything about illegally downloading music, all I know is that I make use of the music site that is highly popular to download my music. I make use of Mp3skull.com to download all my music.

5. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

Is MP3Skull legal? I thought they are providing their users with copyrighted mp3s. Am I wrong? I do not know much about this website and it would be nice to know if they don't break any law. Thanks!

6. maestro

maestro New Member

I normally use those sites like rap4ever who upload music for promotional use only. I'm a hip hop head so that is where I get my music from. Not that I'm saying I haven't bootlegged music before, actually I've never bought music in my life. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can get music somewhere for free, why would I buy it?

7. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx New Member

You shouldn't publicly admit it online as it's illegal, but I'm sure we have all made a mistake or two in our lives. I gain access to listening to music on YouTube, and via Spotify. I prefer YouTube as you can use Google Chrome with the Ad Blocker Extension.