Do you sing along?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by Arbitrary, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

I always felt this sort of magical connection to music. Even when I was younger - I've used it as an escape when I was facing difficulties in my real life or just to relax. It was my remedy and still is. At the same time, it was my form of entertainment.

I love listening to music for hours and hours and I've started noticing that I've begun singing along all the time now. If it's a song that I know the lyrics to or hell, even if I don't know a single word of the lyrics I tend to always sing along. Some people look at me funnily if I do it in the public but I honestly don't care. It connects me to the music even more and makes me feel part of it.

Do you also sing along to the songs that you're hearing? or do you prefer to just quietly listen?

2. Trig_Ke

Trig_Ke Member

I love to sing along to music. This is especially to tunes that I love. What I normally do is search for the song lyrics in google, then I start my music. Sometimes I even fantasise that I am the original musician. It makes me feel good. I once recorded myself singing and I was horrible. However, it is always a wonderful experience. It makes one get connected more to the song and I believe the song"s purpose is always achieved.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Oh yeah! ;)

By the way, not only alone (almost always in the shower :D), but in public too (when I decide to face the karaokê :p). I think I have a good voice - and many people agree with that - and this motivates me to sing more and more. :cool:

4. Icyco

Icyco Member

If I am listening to the same song for at least 30 minutes then chances are I will be singing along to it. At the very least I dance along to it. It's hard to hold the temptation to do it if other people are around so if that is the case chances are I will not listen to said song for too long. Even when I'm alone I usually either hum or whisper the lyrics to myself.

5. sachin

sachin Member

Yes,whenever I get a time with my friends I do.
    We were sing the song very loudly and people are starring at us and they also started to sing with us.

6. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I sing along at times but sometimes only to the catchy harmonies and melodies-but its funny when a song actually sticks in your head at a latter date-and sometimes music comes into your head and repeats,and I guess they call these earworms.They can get stuck in your head for days though-and if you sing a lot-your more prone to earworms sticking in your head ?

7. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I love to sing along but this is the case with my favorite songs only. The reason behind is that I always have a tough time in learning the lyrics. Moreover, I'm not blessed with a good voice so I cannot take the risk of singing loud. Mild humming or singing when there is no one around is the only thing I can opt for.

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

I have to be honest with my singing that it is not pleasant to hear so what I do is to sing to myself when I am carried away by the song. It's not really my singing but my voice. I know that I can carry a tune even if not so well but the timber of my voice is not nice to the ear. That's why I never go to karaoke bars and I never join a gathering with karaoke music for it would just be embarrassing if they would hear me sing.

Vyck likes this.
  9. Vyck

Vyck New Member

The same happens to me. I actually enjoy singing but my voice is totally hideous. I prefer to listen and enjoy quietly. It's kind of funny, part of my family are very into music (my dad is a musician, his sisters sing and several of my cousins enjoy singing as well) and I feel like I'm kind of the black sheep of the family

10. alexanderzx360

alexanderzx360 New Member

Sure thing I do! Whenever I'm by myself listening to music, specially on my car, I just go along with the lyrics and scream and shout as I'm right there with the band. It's very pleasant to do, and if you get to do it with friends who have no shame for it, it's even better. I love karaoke for this exact reason, is so much fun to sing without caring about anything else.

11. Neiltarquin

Neiltarquin New Member

Yes, I sing along and out loud. I sometimes imagine myself doing a concert. As a frustrated singer and band member (LOL), I release my frustrations that way hahaha. But in reality, I just like tobsing along when I am hearing a tune that is my liking.

12. sachin

sachin Member

yes that thing i do always..when am alone in home i used this thing i sing a song loudly its makes me a enjoyable one..

13. zheh

zheh New Member

I love to sing along with the music. It's really relaxing specially when you sing along with your favorite singer. Hahahah.. I always check the lyrics of the song that i love and memorize it so i can sing with it everytime i play it. And i really enjoy it everytime we sing on videoke with my friends and workmates. We even have our own videoke machine in our house.

14. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

When I am alone, that's the best time for me to sing along with the music I am playing on. Nobody can hear from the house singing, and I feel like I am a concert artist at those moments.
    Though, my family always go to the hotel for private videoke bar, and eating along as well. It was a fun moment when all of us sing with videoke.
    We also do that with some of our friends, as a friend invites us to their house. Everybody should sing and kill joy is not allowed.

15. Canadian

Canadian Member

I'm not the greatest singer but I do enjoy singing along to the songs that I really love. It just makes things much more exciting to do that. When I do sing along to the song most of the time I make sure I am alone so no one has to suffer through my singing :D

16. sachin

sachin Member

Yeah,sometimes we sing along to the song in front of everyone its really embarrassing.

17. haroon rasheed

haroon rasheed New Member

I like to sing along to music whenever I am in a good mood.It is a nicer experience to sing along to favorite music.I usually sing along to louder music whenever I am alone at home.It becomes more enjoyable to me and I feel more relaxed.

18. marglai

marglai New Member

To be honest, yes I love to sing along especially taking shower. But in public, I don't because I don't have the guts to sing in public.But if I'm in the karaoke room with my friends I do sing along, we Filipinos love to sing karaoke and have a contest on the highest score to have.

19. Janissa Atienza

Janissa Atienza New Member

I love music, sing along make's me express my feelings, my emotions even the feelings that I cannot explain, I can express it thru singing. Honestly I don't have a nice voice, but I'm singing from the heart and I know there is no problem with that. I really love to sing together with my husband and son, actually it's our bonding.

20. Belts

Belts New Member

It's a nice question and my answer would be yes. I think I was born to love, music has been a part of my life and it will always be that way. I know I don't have a great voice but I really love singing even though the music doesn't love me :). Music is always with me anywhere I go and any moment I just found myself singing alone. Most of the time when I'm taking a bath in the bathroom I always find myself singing I don't mean to do it, but I always doing it, event at work at the office I'll sing along even my workmate a looking at me. Sometimes I found myself singing in a public place, there is the moment when I was on a bus I was listening to an FM radio using my phone wears a headset suddenly they play my favourite song so what I did was I sang along with the music I was wondering why all people on the bus are looking at me then I realised that I was singing with aloud voice. I was so ashamed I close my eyes and bowed my head.
    That's how I love music and that's how I sing along.