Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Canadian, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

If Yes, Have you ever tried to Quit it?

Thankfully I have never gotten into smoking and I never will!

2. Icyco

Icyco Member

I smoked once with my cousins and a friend, that was around 2 years ago on one night.

3. cubo

cubo New Member

No, I don't. I've never tried smoking, I really hate that terrible habit. It's gross and disgusting.

4. augusta

augusta New Member

I don't smoke and sometimes I wonder why people smokes because I know smoke can't just be food.

5. Jenna David

Jenna David New Member

I have tried many times. Firstly, I was so curious about it. Secondly, I thought it was cool and thirdly I was too stressed I really need something to relieve it and to make me feel better. I'm well aware of the disadvantages of smoking but at that time, it wasn't on my mind, all I was thinking was to remove my stress and depression. Three members of my family died of lung cancer. It was an enough reason for me to quit smoking. Finally, I was able to stop it and I will never try again. Though, they said that cigarettes are addictive, I have read a book telling other reasons why people smoke. It has something to do with oral fixation. As a young child when you put something in your mouth you feel better. Unconsciously, we still have that little child inside us. So, smoking sometimes has something to do with your anxiety and assurance and you feel better when you put something in your mouth. Same goes with eating, putting a pen in your mouth while thinking, and drinking..

6. Belts

Belts New Member

No, I don't smoke. and here are the reasons why. First, i was born in a religious family, And one of our commandments is not to smoke. There are many bad effects I'm smoking in our body, It can damage our teeth and can cause bad breath. It's also not good to our lungs that may cost to lungs diseases like lungs cancer which is so hard to cure. Smoking thats not only cause bad effect to those who smoke but also to the people around him. Exposure to secondhand smoke carries the same risk to a nonsmoker as someone who does smoke.So I don't smoke and would never smoke.

7. Rock1987

Rock1987 New Member

No I don't smoke and don't want to either in the future. Many of my office friends smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day. They say that smoking relieves stress and makes one cool. According to me smoking kills the body in the long span of time. I tell my friends to quit smoking as it will be dangerous in the future for them.

8. shanejhane

shanejhane New Member

I don't smoke, I don't like people who is smoking. I don't like the smell, it triggers my allergy. There is no benefits in smoking, that is why I don't understand people should need to smoke, knowing the fact that smoking destroying their health, can they look old, bad breath ,yellow teeth etc. Anyway if they love to smoke its up to them, they will not get good benefit is smoking.

9. CrabtreeLM

CrabtreeLM New Member

I do not smoke and I absolutely do not understand what kind of satisfaction and feeling this brings to people who do it. Smoking awareness is everywhere and I can't comprehend enough why they keep on doing it when they know what sickness this could bring to the body. In my place there are pictures and posters over the streets the effects of too much smoking. There has been a smoking ban too in public places implemented by our Mayor to avoid second hand smokers victims but still I can observe that they neglect it. The cigarette prices has been increased and still people who are below average income earner still prefer to buy it than buy something else for the family.I just hope those kinds of people will create and open awareness too in their minds so they will realize its effects and it wouldn't be too late for them. I personally took care of a patient with tuberculosis secondary to smoking when i was still a student nurse few years ago and I must say what my patient underwent through wasn't really easy and he even told me if only he could turn back time. Indeed there's no regret in advance.

10. acusaiah

acusaiah New Member

No! but I tried to do it when I was about 6 years old, my dad asked me to throw the used cigarette, and try it. I don't like it at all, taste like dried grass, I really don't like it. I don't understand why people keep on smoking, but when you came to think of it, is just like burning your money for nothing. I google why smoking is bad for our health and this what google said. "Your lungs can be very badly affected by smoking. Coughs, colds, wheezing and asthma are just the start. Smoking can cause fatal diseases such as pneumonia, emphysema and lung cancer. Smoking causes 84% of deaths from lung cancer and 83% of deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)."

Yesterday when I was driving my car, I was listening to the radio commercial about a father asking his son to pass the cigarette to him, when he was about to start smoking, his son asks him if he can smoke too. He answered, " No! it's bad for your health, you might get killed, do you want to die at the early age?" the boy quickly replies to his dad " why do you smoke? Do you want to die at the early age?" My point here is if you really love your family and love once, please take care of yourself for them. Stop smoking and live a healthy lifestyle.

11. Gladys Ann

Gladys Ann New Member

No definitely not because I dont find any importance of smoking in my life. Some say it can be a source of relaxation but I guess its a primary source of destroying and puting it into sickness.

12. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    Yes i am smoker. I have been smoking from college until now. At first, I just tried it but now I'm having trouble avoiding it. ten sticks per day or more depending on my mood. when stressed, sometimes a cigarette pack is not enough as well as when drinking alcohol. I want to stop and I'm looking for a good way to quit smoking.

13. ann.mae18

ann.mae18 New Member

When i was younger maybe 12 years old i tried it but just out of curiosity and I'm barely a teenager. I tried once but i did not like it. Most of all i don't want to get addicted to smoking because it is not healthy for the body. I saw many people got sick and get addicted to it and its not a good sight to see. So whenever i see my sister smoking i would discourage her to making it a hobbit. I even heard some people who can finish off 12 sticks per day. Its not a good thing because one its dangerous and two when get addicted you can't leave a day without smoking. The difficult part is its very hard to stop.

14. Carl Jung

Carl Jung New Member

Nope!
    No one in my family smokes. As I grew up, I developed a particular hatred towards the smell of smoke, be it cigarette, tobacco, or weed. If there is someone in my proximity doing that, it is highly likely that I would always keep a safe distance from that person the next time!

15. zenhashy

zenhashy New Member

I don't smoke and I hate it. But dad is smoker. Every time he is home I always told him to go outside because I cannot stand the smell of it. I don't know if he is trying to quit but what I observe is that he quit drinking alcohol. Hopefully someday he will stop smoking also.

16. mitan143

mitan143 New Member

I don't smoke because it causes a lot of lung complications as well as to our other vital organs, and I don't want to get to that situation. I know also that if you try one, you might get tempted to smoke another one and that's addicting so as long as I stay away from cigarettes then I have no problem. I am also glad that no one from family smokes.

17. Ronald2505

Ronald2505 New Member

I do not smoke. Just a smell of the smoke, it makes me uncomfortable. Smoking can cause so many complications and diseases in the body. It is similar to a illegal drug.

18. junrose123

junrose123 New Member

I really don't smoke because it is not good for our health, I do admit that I tried before to smoke when I was still young but that was just due to the influence of my friends and I am glad that I did not continue to be influenced by them. Smoking was really not an option for me because later on it will just give us some headache and it might be expensive to have that in the first place. Maybe I should better do some valuable things than having to smoke that will just put my health in danger for doing so.

19. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

Nope, I do not. I do not like the smell of cigarettes and it is dangerous to my health. I hope to live a longer life and I avoid everything that is clearly detrimental to my health.

20. JackOAT

JackOAT New Member

I don’t smoke, smoking is unhealthy and should be avoided. I think it is an unwise habit. I do believe that people should be warned of its dangers in as many ways as possible. And second-hand smoke is a proven health risk and thus it violates the rights of all the non-smokers.