Drums and classic?

Discussion in 'Classical' started by to7update, Apr 23, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update New Member

Thinking about classic music, drums are certainly something that doesn't cross most of our heads. Seeing this video might change our perspective on the topic though! :)

2. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I think it sounds very nice and the percussion, kind of rocks the music out quite nicely. As long as its kind of blends into the classical piece, it might work very well? Also it adds a bit of jazzy melody to this classical composition, and the piece changes tempo in a radical way as well at times. Also using more drums in classical music may add to its popularity?

pwarbi likes this.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

When people think about drums, I do think they tend to think of the ones we are used to hearing and seeing in rock music, but drums and percussion can be used in all sorts of different music genres.

Even in dance and electronic music, drums have been used to provide a backing, so if they can be used in that, I'm sure drums can be used in any music to a certain extent.

4. to7update

to7update New Member

Yeah, no question that it would add popularity, but here we have the difference between classic and pop for example, classic doesn't aim to be popular, but just to display harmony using those instruments, that usually don't include the drums. Don't ask me why though lol, I have no idea!

5. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

Check this guy out if you like drums in classical music:

he is extremely creative and does all sort of covers.

I agree though, here classical music doesn't care about attracting the mass audience. They have their own ''niche'' that they like and worship. I think in general, the majority of them are more conservative and they would never add drums.

6. to7update

to7update New Member

Yeah, those Vadrum guys are good, and I wouldn't mind at all listening to one of their concerts. Of course they aren't going to gather thousands, but they can certainly fill a nice room for people interested in classic with some more rhythm.

7. sachin

sachin Member

Both classical drumming are really incredible it changes the perception about the classical drumming.