First instrument!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by sachin, Aug 9, 2017.

1. sachin

sachin Member

What is your first instrument to learn music?

2. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    The first instrument that i learn how to play is guitar that use to be my dad's instrument when he was still a member of a band. i don't have a formal training at all but because i always watch my father plays it and got curious i started playing it and learned the basics and play on my own with the help of my father giving me advice and technique that help me throughout the process of learning. now i have enough knowledge on the instrument and i played it well.

3. Cherish1

Cherish1 New Member

The first instrument I learned to play is guitar. I remember it is the very personal asset I had bought with my own salary. The thing that influenced me to practice and learn the guitar is to play a song for the Lord. My heart shouts with every rhythm it makes! Glory to the Father!

Vince Jaren likes this.
  4. Skull

Skull New Member

"Electronic Keyboard" then innovating to producing real time beats, created on "FL STUDIO" It was a great opportunity for me having an instrument that time. Now I'm DJing on some local bars here at the manila. Thanks on modern era of today learning music is not that really hard, specially if you want to learn more!

5. Vince Jaren

Vince Jaren New Member

Like what Cherish1 said, the first instrument that I learned to play is guitar. I like how the guitar makes music. For me, guitar is an instrument that can be easily played. I love the sound of guitar especially if it is accompanied by your own voice. According to history, the English word guitar comes from the Andalusian Arabic word qitharah and the Latin word citara, which in turn came from the Ancient Greek word kithara. But regardless how the name evolved, guitar is one of the stringed instruments that is popularly played.

6. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I am the 3rd in the brood and it is understandable that I just inherit what my elder brothers do. The first instrument my eldest brother had was the ukulele which was given by our grandfather. I remember my brother playing Elvis songs in that ukulele. When he was not around, I would play the ukulele by using the keys that I find on the chords chart on a song book. It is called song hits that also contain chords for the guitar. It's just sad that I had forgotten how to play the uke although I know how to play the guitar now.

7. tallulah

tallulah New Member

My very first musical instrument was a pink plastic guitar. I got it as a present in my third or fourth grade. I loved my guitar so much. It was designed as toy but it produced real sounds and I was just over the moon. Took it everywhere with me:).

8. mitan143

mitan143 New Member

My first instrument is not actually a drums but a guitar, and it is very memorable for me because it was a gift from my junior high school graduation. I started learning guitar during my elementary days but unfortunately I did not become as great as my favorite guitarist. Maybe I just like it but I have a pssion on it, but I have the basic skills tho.

9. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

My very first instrument was an organ. My dad used to teach me music when I was in primary school. He guided me during our music lessons because he was also a music tutor back in the days. I'm not too interested in music back then so I neglected and forgot how to play the organ.

10. mrnndsyrfbc

mrnndsyrfbc New Member

My first instrument was a guitar. Before I had it, it was my dream to have a guitar and learn how to play. I cried a lot as a child begging my parents to buy me one. Fortunately, when I turned 11 my parents decided to buy me one. I took some lessons but I gave up because of barre chords. I got back on it when I went to high school and just taught myself with the help of the internet and other guitarists.

11. albino

albino New Member

My first instrument is guitar because my older brother is a song writer and composer. I learn to play few songs but later I quit playing guitar and focus on sports and paintings.

12. fishbate

fishbate New Member

My first instrument was a guitar that was given to me as a gift by my dad. Although i was not interested at first, but when i got into music in highs school that's when i really made use of the guitar. Eventually my music blood kicks in and the rest is a life full of music.

13. tedzk26

tedzk26 New Member

My first instrument was the Piano. I had a keyboard and the necessary learning books around my house, so, in the boredom of the summer vacation, I taught myself. Not much reason other than that…but I continue to play the piano today simply because I enjoy playing it, and I can play it well….or so I like to believe.

14. luri

luri New Member

My first instrument was a flute. When I was a kid, my dad bought me a flute for my birthday because I insisted. However, I never learned how to play a flute. In my teen age years, I took interest in playing a guitar. I bought a guitar for myself with my pocket money. I enrolled for a guitar class. I went to the class for a month. Then I had to go to another town. I was back after a month. By this time I lost interest in playing guitar.