Have you ever been to any Country concert?

Discussion in 'Country' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Yes, and I can say that fortunately my list is long. Some of the concerts I've been to include: Carrie Underwood, Urban Keith, Dixie Chicks, Rascal Flatts, Kellie Pickler, Brad Paisley, Shania Twain, Miranda Lambert and Tim McGraw.

All the concerts were awesome! :cool:

2. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Yes way back in early 1981 or so, I was driving back east from California with my dad when I stopped in Santa Fe New Mexico and it was a very small town back then. I saw a music poster for a concert with Barbara Mandrell and we bought some tickets and it was a outdoor concert at Santa fe Downs-and we stood down front the whole time( the opening act was Roger Miller). Barbara had a lot of hit songs back then and Roger Miller sang his trademark song I remember-King of The Road.

3. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Sadly I have never been to any such concert . But I would love to be a part of such a great thing. I wish I'm able to avail this opportunity very soon. But sadly my city does not host a lot of such events. Those limited ones are really outrightly expensive.

4. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

Nope, I have never seen a single country concert. I've seen plenty of rock ones though since it's my favorite genre. The reason why I haven't been to one is pretty simple - the country music isn't that popular in my country. Only certain excluded areas really listen to it so if I'd want to go to one, I'd definitely have to travel abroad. I just don't feel that passionate about country music to spend tons of money for traveling funds and so on.

I do have huge respect for any music genre though. I know that we all have different taste.

5. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

My tastes are more Alt-country these days though and some of these concerts were quite fun and entertaining as well. A fun concert was a Brandi Carlile one I went to a few years ago,and she rocks it out pretty good as well. Her voice is quite haunting though and she shows a lot of emotion also when she sings her songs, and the Indigo girls played a bunch of songs with her that night which were very enjoyable also.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I saw Dierks Bentley and Jon Pardi when they came through my town a month or so ago. I'm by no means a country fan, but a group of friends of mine went and they had an extra ticket, so I tagged along for the hell of it. They're definitely great musicians, but I just can't get into country music, even after seeing them perform live.

7. sachin

sachin Member

No I haven't been with country music concert.I only watched through the television.