Have you listned the Song " Heavy " By Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Rock' started by zebali, May 8, 2017.

1. zebali

zebali New Member

Have you ever listned the song heavy by Linkin Park. It was released on February 16, 2017. "Heavy" ranked at # 52 on the US Billboard Hot 100. I really love this song. Below is the Youtube link of this

2. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

This is the first time I've listened to Heavy. I don't know, I'll always love Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but much of their latest work I haven't been a huge fan of. Props to them for branching out and experimenting with a different style, but it's just not my thing.

3. Paras Tiwari

Paras Tiwari New Member

I have listened Heavy and think it is a great rock song. I love the drum beats throughout the video. Linkin Park has always been one of my favorite bands to rock out to. I have seen them live on a few occasions, and all I can say is that they really know how to put on a show. They bring high energy and always play their greatest hits. If you have never seen one of their shows, I highly recommend you check them out.

4. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

I agree with TheArticulate. It's a good song but they've gone too mainstream for my taste.

I'm a big fan of their old material such as In the End, Numb and all those amazing songs that brought new things into rock but Heavy just doesn't do it for me.

Wish they would have stuck with their old style. I know that bands evolve and grow which transfers into their music but this new material is just meh, nothing special, nothing unique or exciting.

5. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I'm jealous that you've had the opportunity to see them perform live! They were the headlining band at Rocklahoma a couple years back, but a wicked rainstorm hit the campgrounds the second night we were there, and our tent collapsed on us. We ended up cleaning up all of our stuff and leaving first thing the next morning because we were so miserable.

We ended up missing both Breaking Benjamin and Linkin Park, which was super disappointing.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

That's for sure! :)

I've been a fan of Linkin Park for many years now (they remind me of a great phase of my adolescence). I think they are one of the best Rock bands that still do great Rock songs.

Long live to them. :cool:

7. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

I am a big fan of their Hybrid Theory and Meteora album, but not so much of their works after that. It's like the constantly change genres for me, and don't give me the "It's their music, they get to decide" talk, the music makes the band, but the fans keep the band going. The "at least we have a huge variety of songs to listen to" argument is not applicable either because let's say Metallica suddenly made a pop song, would you like it then? A new band for a new genre, not attract as many fans while it's still trending and move over to the next trending genre so we could attract more.

8. luri

luri New Member

I don't listen to Linking Park too much. In fact, I don't even listen to Linking Park. I get to hear Linkin park only when their songs is played on the radio. Normally, I don't listen to the radio. I listen to radio only when driving. I did not know about this song. Now that you mentioned, I checked the video. I think it is a good song. I kind of liked it. Video is also good.

9. tallulah

tallulah New Member

I love Linkin Park! First time I heard of them was from the movie "Need for Speed" for the song 'Road Untraveled'. I have followed the band since then. Love their songs, the whole lot. I'm listening to Heavy right now. Thanks for posting:)

10. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

Lots of fans has been complaining about Linkin Park's song "Heavy", as well as their current album "One More Light". The reason is because of its softer sound. Actually, the album has great songs, but if you will compare the song and the album to "Hybrid Theory", you will hear the huge difference.
    Nevertheless, it is a sad moment that Linkin Park's vocalist Chester Bennington just passed away from apparent suicide. Fans has been commenting on the song's music video on YouTube realizing the lyrics about what Chester has been going through the time the song was written.

11. sachin

sachin Member

I love this song it expose the feeling of one who feel so heavy on his/her heart.
    It well suited for me right now.Thanks for Posting

12. zheh

zheh New Member

I love linkin park though they change the genre and its not the same as those song in hybrid theory. I still love them and specially this song and one more light. I love how chester always sing with full of emotion. Though everytime i hear it i always feel like i'm seeing him and watching him with all his struggle when his alive.

13. Canadian

Canadian Member

It's an alright song. I was a bit disappointed when they changed their style of music going more pop instead of rock. Their all time best album I'd say would be Hybrid Theory. I love the energy they bring in that album.

14. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

Yes I have. I really love this song Heavy. I first heard it in May this year and it really touched me. The first song I heard by linkin park was Numb. I could really identify with every word mentioned in the lyrics. Since then, I have always been listening to this band.

Although it still hurts that Chester is not with the band no more, I will still look forwad to listening to songs made by the remaining members of the band.

15. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    In my opinion this is not the music of linkin park. It is differs from the traditional music theme of the band and i can not hear the sound that people are used to hear at the linkin park. But the song is meaningful as usual linkin park is still great.

Rest in peace chester