High or Low sound?

Discussion in 'Rock' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

How do you guys usually listen to Rock songs?

I always enjoy listening to Rock songs at high volume because I think if the volume is contained, I feel like I'm not enjoying music the right way (it's like something is missing o_O).

2. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Loud music always gives me headache. I cannot bear it for more than half an hour to the maximum.

I always like music at low sound and that can be a reason why I don't like rock music a lot.

3. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

Sometimes you need to turn the music up a little but watch you don't hurt your hearing-and I do crank it up once in awhile to get the blood flowing like during exercise sometimes. Most of the time though I like it turned down,but I have been to some indoor concerts that I wished that I had a pair of air plugs or moved back a little bit more from the stage.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. luri

luri New Member

It depends on my mood and time of the day. Usually, I will never crank up the volume when I am listening to music in the night time, likewise it is very common for me to rise the volume during the day time. When I am in happy mood, in a mood to celebrate something I will always have the volume high, however, when I am sad, I will keep the volume low.

amitkokiladitya likes this.
  5. coraline

coraline New Member

I love listening to music at very loud volumes, but because of where I live, I can't otherwise I'd get kicked out, so for me the best I can do is get really good earphones so I can do that, although it's just not the same as when you can 'feel' the beat all around you. I do play it super loud sometimes in my car when I'm on long drives.

6. milan thapaliya

milan thapaliya New Member

I always prefer low sound because high sound disturbs me a lot. It gives me a headache.

7. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

I sort of enjoy using both. It depends on the place where I am playing the music and the song itself. Certain songs are just meant to be played the rock and roll way - full blast! However, I live in a flat so if I would be listening to the music too loud I would hear a ton of complaints, haha.

So, if I am listening music on my television, it is usually low to medium. When on my headphones, usually a bit higher volume. But I do agree. You shouldn't always listen it at the max volume or you will end up hurting your hearing. Just do it in moderation.

8. zebali

zebali New Member

It depends on the type of music. I love to play some songs in high volume and a few in the low volume. It depends on the mood too but I feel energetic to listen to the music in high volume.

9. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I can completely relate to you in this. The time of the day and the corresponding mood plays a very important role in type as well as quality of music that I would love to hear.

Happy and glad mood welcomes loud songs and strong beats whereas a disturbed and tired mind always looks for soothing and comforting lyrics and rhythm.

10. sachin

sachin Member

I always kept volume in neutral level then only I feel so comfortable with it.

11. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Does by neutral you mean neither low nor high? If this is the case then I also fall in this category. A music played at a optimum level is accepted by a majority of people. I hate loud music that causes discomfort to any person.

12. cubo

cubo New Member

When I'm alone I prefer to listen to music as loudly as I can but not for a long time because the noise starts to disturb me. I only listen to loud music when I'm doing homework, cleaning the house or when I need to be focused.
    When I'm sharing with friends or relatives, I prefer it low volume, just background music, because you can have a great conversation with your guests and everybody feel comfortable.

13. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

14. Canadian

Canadian Member

It depends when I'm at home it's usually at a low to average volume as there are other people living in the house but when I'm driving my car I like to crank up the music especially if it's a song I really like.

15. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Even my choice of the volume levels keeps varying depending on the song being played and my mood. There are only a few times when I like loud music whereas mostly I like soft and soothing music only.

16. haroon rasheed

haroon rasheed New Member

I love to listen rock music with high sounds.It is more enjoyable to listen rock songs with increasing sounds rapidly.I usually like to listen high sounds whenever I am alone at my home.I feel more energetic to listen high sounds whenever I am in a good mood.

17. augusta

augusta New Member

The volume of music depends on my mood if I'm happy then my music will be very high including rock music,if I found myself moody I might reduced it a bit to suit my mood then.So basically it boils Down to my mood.

18. jyu

jyu New Member

I prefer low sound, because for me high sound is irritate me I prefer low sound for relaxing and chilling :)

19. Skull

Skull New Member

Hi shine! Man, you don't listen to a rock song with a low volume on it! Specially if it is a METAL genre of rock! I mean rock songs are create with a "hostile" perception. Well, we do have different preferences but for me I listen to a rock genre on a mid to high volume. I can't imagine myself listening on it with a low volume, not unless someone is trying to talk to me.;););)

20. shanejhane

shanejhane New Member

I do listen in a moderate volume, it's also depends on a situation, if I'm with some friends or someone I put it on a low volume, If I'm alone like in travelling, just a moderate volume only. High sound can destroy our eardrum, we should always think our health, since hearing is really important if we really love music, because music is our life.