How long can you listen to rock music?

Discussion in 'Rock' started by amitkokiladitya, Jun 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Rock music is usually very heavy and at times very difficult to tolerate. Every person has his own capacity of tolerating this kind of music with loud sound and heavy beats.

My three for rock music is very low and in most if the cases it is never more than half an hour. What is your threshold for rock music?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Arbitrary likes this.
  2. Pravish

Pravish New Member

I can listen to rock songs all day long. Especially when I drive, rock music is a must for me. When I listen to it, some of the songs just make me feel as if they have taken me back to the 1950's. Specially "the Beatels" is the best music when you're sitting with your old friend sitting along a beach with a few drinks. The words are not enough to describe that feeling here. You have to just feel the music.

Trig_Ke and amitkokiladitya like this.
  3. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

You appear to be a great fan of Rock music. Yes...there are times that I like rock music while driving but usually I go for soft and light music that help me enjoy the road.

Especially when the weather is pleasant my vote is for light melodies or a very sift version of rock.

Pravish likes this.
  4. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

Damn, half an hour? that's not very long, haha. I guess you aren't a hardcore rock lover.

I think that every true rock fan will say the same thing that Pravish did - there isn't any time limit! I can honestly listen to rock music all day, every single day. A few years ago, I literally listened to rock exclusively. Nothing else but rock. And by this I don't mean just heavy rock songs... there's many different within the rock genre. If you just want to chill out you can always switch to some rock classics that aren't as intense as some of these newer songs.

But yeah, it definitely depends on how much you love this type of music.

amitkokiladitya likes this.
  5. milan thapaliya

milan thapaliya New Member

To be honest, I can listen for rock movie about half an hour . It is very difficult to tolerate .

Trig_Ke likes this.
  6. Trig_Ke

Trig_Ke Member

Personally, I love to listen to rock music on Saturdays when I am not working. I usually set aside 2 hours in which I listen only to rock music. I sample out new tracks and get interactive. If I am not on youtube, I tune to a local station that calls itself X-fm. It is a rock only station and really enlightens me on matters rock. At the end of the day, I find that I keep up with the rock trends.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Honestly, I think I can listen all day (depending on my mood, of course :D) because Rock is one of my favorite musical genres, so... It's always a pleasure to be able to listen to songs in that style. :)

8. luri

luri New Member

I can listen to rock music all day long. I never get tired listening to rock music. However, I alternate between the artists/bands and the hard rock and soft rock. When I am in a party mood I listen to hard rock music and when I am alone and want to remain at peace, I will choose soft rock. Having said that I am not a great fan of modern rock music, I mostly listen to the rock music from 60s, 70s and 80s.

9. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

It largely depends on my mood for the day. There are days where I just feel like listening to heavy metal all day and I wouldn't even have to tolerate it because it feels natural for me and I don't have to do anything about it but to listen. I do realize that some people would find it hard to listen to, some people even call it "noise", but I'd say it's all about the preference. Listening to pop music is something I tolerate, but am not fond of.

10. coraline

coraline New Member

Not very long! I am one of those people with a very short attention span, and I don't really do much of anything for very long. I tend to get bored easily and my focus shifts to something else. I love rock music, but unless I'm at a concert with friends, there is no way I'm going to listed to it for hours on end without getting bored.

11. Lee

Lee New Member

Programmer and a Writer
    How long? Maybe several hours..or maybe all day..
    It's my fave genre..so, I guess I can listen to it anytime or any loong..as long as I'm breathing!

12. zebali

zebali New Member

I can listen to rock music for hours as it is my favorite type of music. I love to listen to the Sean Paul songs throughout the day. I never got bored with rock music and want to listen to it all the day.

13. zebali

zebali New Member

Rock is the only type of music that anyone can listen to it for hours and he would not get bored of it. Sean pauPauls made a big difference in the rock music and kept it alive. Rock music really rocks.

14. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I must admit that there are do many rock music lovers here. This is so good that so many people exhibit an endless love for Rock. Long live the Rock worldwide.

15. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

This means that we have many great Rock music lovers here. I appreciate your interest in Rock music and it is truly commendable that you can listen to Jazz the whole day long.

16. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

Rock music is not necessarily loud and not tolerable. There is a lot of rock sub genres that are relaxing and chilling. With that said I can listen to rock all day, which I mostly do. But metal is louder, and personally I can't listen metal longer than an hour or so. And it's not because it is loud and stuff like that, it just requires a certain level of concentration so you could notice all the subtleties in the song and stuff like that. So it is exhausting a bit.

17. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

I completely agree with your view point. Gone are the days when rock music was loud and hard. I agree that many sub-genres have sprouted up over all these years. They are a subtle version of the original form but still good to hear.

18. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I could listen to certain rock music or folk-rock depending on my mood for quite awhile,but I never have all day to listen to music. To relax though I really like the therapeutic types of music like celtic music because its very zen and good for rejuvenating the soul as well,and it brings me back to nature which is good for me.

19. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

This is something alike to what I do. Even I can spare only a limited amount of time to listen to music. During that specific time I prefer light and relaxing music only.

20. sachin

sachin Member

I spent only half an hour with this sort of music.Because the sounds of rock is more vibrant but sometime it exceeds.