How often do you practice?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by Canadian, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

How often do you practice the drums?

It is recommended that beginners practice 15 - 30 minutes a day (depending how old they are)
    and intermediates - advanced students can be practicing an hour or more a day.

2. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I try my best to get behind the kit on a daily basis. Generally I'll mess around for 15 or 20 minutes just to keep my chops up, but if I have enough time I like put the headphones on and start playing along to some music tracks. Ideally I'll put in a good 30 to 45 minutes in a good session, but I've just got so much going on right now that it's tough to allot that much time every day to it.

When I was in high school, I would practice at least an hour every day, easily. I managed to get fairly good on the set I'd say, so right now it's jut a matter of making sure I don't lose everything I worked to gain during high school.

3. Canadian

Canadian Member

It is good that you are still practicing when you can find time. Everyday won't be easy but as long as you play for about 15 - 20 minutes as you say to keep your chops up you should be fine.

4. Janissa Atienza

Janissa Atienza New Member

I'm a choir member in our church and we are require to practice everyday. We cannot stand and sing in front of Lord and congregation that we are not ready. We need to memorize the lyrics and we need to be familiarize to the song.