How often do you text?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Canadian, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

How often do you use your phone to text? Do you text every day or every second day? How many texts do you send in a day?

2. augusta

augusta New Member

Because of the availability of whatsapp app,I have reduced my rate of texting. Before now it was daily now I text only when the person is not on Whatsapp.And that can be between 2-3 times in a week.

3. mdbree17

mdbree17 New Member

Texting is already a part of my daily routine. It's one way of communication. Though there have been a lot of apps introduced to us for messaging, I still prefer the normal texting with no use of data/wifi.

4. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    Texting is part of my daily activity mostly because of my job as a project coordinator, I have to send text messages to my colleagues in the field to relay instructions at the same time to check if they executed their respective task properly. Other than sending text messages to my colleagues i also send text messages to my family when i'm at work. I don't really depend much on wifi or data connection because it drains phone battery much faster when you're using wifi or data so that's why most of the time texting is my way to communicate with them.

5. Gladys Ann

Gladys Ann New Member

Well I guess almost every hour of everyday because texting is my primary source of communicating to others if that others are far away from me.

6. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

I'm practically a text person. It may be in the form of chat on whatsspp messenger, Facebook messager, Baddo messenger etc. I hardly make calls, I see calls as a medium of contact when you are in an emergency situation. I feel more connected with messages than calls.

7. Carl Jung

Carl Jung New Member

If by texting, you meant texting over a cellular network, I rarely text. If by texting you meant texting via applications like WhatsApp or Messenger, I text a lot. Almost every hour, I send or receive a text. It makes life easy. I prefer calls only from close relatives, family members, and my girlfriend! For the rest, I can be contacted by text. This way I can reply at my ease, when I am free from work and not busy.

8. Carl Jung

Carl Jung New Member

Hey Anachiwo, may I weigh in on the fact that sometimes you can put your words better on text than on call!

9. Anachiwo

Anachiwo New Member

I completely agree with you on this, text helps you express your thoughts without feeling shy or intimidated when the person you are communicating with is physically present. But once it's through text messages, you get to hide under the medium without seeing anyone's face and have your mind said out well.

10. mitan143

mitan143 New Member

I send text messages only for a pupose of replying or/and I really need something to tell to my receipient. I don't usually start the topic whenever I have a textmate. There aren't much people who texted me therefore I seldom sending texts.

11. Icyco

Icyco Member

I text at least a couple times a week on my phone, I usually communicate through phone call or computer most of the time.

12. mrnndsyrfbc

mrnndsyrfbc New Member

I text every time I have load and that is probably twice a week. I'm not that rich so I don't really have the money to buy load and also the internet has a wide range of communication already so I mostly use the internet to communicate.

13. zenhashy

zenhashy New Member

I text everyday. In our country call is not a thing unless if it is for emergency cases. I prefer texting because I want to avoid disturbing the other person. I don't know if he or she is busy but to be safe I will text him or her than calling him.