Metallica - Drum Cover

Discussion in 'Metal' started by to7update, Apr 24, 2017.

1. to7update

to7update New Member

Love Metal? Love Metallica? Love the Drums? You are going to love this cover, great images, with awesome sound! :)

Any more awesome metal drumming you want to share here? :)

pwarbi likes this.
  2. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

If you want to try and cover any band when it comes to drums, Metallica is one of the easiest. Now before anybody goes off saying how dare I suggest that Metallica and Lars Ulrich aren't talented, of course they are but at the same time listen to any of their music, and if you are just going to directly cover it note for note, for a person who already knows how to play the drums then it isn't that difficult.

If you are a novice to the drums then you are going to struggle playing and trying to cover ANY song, but with a bit of time and a hell of a lot of patience then once you have the rhythm and timing sorted, the rest is just a matter of learning what to play and when. Easier said than done of course, but a lot easier than actually writing a song yourself.

3. to7update

to7update New Member

Pretty great that Metallica is easy to cover I'd say because when doing covers we do have to start from the easiest to the hardest, and if the easiest is something we love, great. :) Just by watching the video we get a good idea what it takes. ;)

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

Easy to cover if you are already experienced at playing the drums... I'm not saying that we can all pick up a couple of wooden spoons and bang out 'Enter Sandman' while we're bored and waiting for the train! Lars Ulrich is well known for having his own unique style when it comes to playing the drums. He's not the most technical of players so it stands to reason that the tracks he comes up with are more about rhythm and the depth of sound rather than being hard to play.

He is the typical rock drummer and he can make a drum set sound like it's being played with a couple of telegraph poles with the amount of power he manages to produce, but I mean that in a good way. When you look at a drummer such as Phil Collins, he wouldn't fit into Metallica just like Lars Ulrich wouldn't have fit into Genesis.

to7update likes this.
  5. to7update

to7update New Member

lol yeah, I know what you mean, that there are harder songs to cover, but of course we need to have some skills to do this song. Many times it's not necessary a big technique in order to play good music or to drum well, we just need to play with our heart, like in anything else in life, because if we do so, something beautiful (or at least appealing haha) will come out.

Yeah, to each band their own style. :)

pwarbi likes this.
  6. Working Buck

Working Buck New Member

This song never gets old. Clean cover too, it does look easy to play but since I haven't played in a long time I might have a hard time playing this since I never started playing these type of music when I started learning how to play the drums.

pwarbi likes this.
  7. luri

luri Member

The only metal artist/band that I am familiar with is Metallica. When I say familiar, I mean I like listening to. My favorite is Whiskey in the Jar. By the way I also watched this video and I really liked it.

8. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield made their songs progressive but at the same time it's easy to cover in my opinion. I like most of their songs but my favorite songs were master of puppets and sad but true. I remember when we join an amature band contest in school we covered the song enter sandman. Our drummer took only half an hour to memorize the beat and practice before playing it live on stage back then i was playing bass guitar and if you're a fan of metallica you know that Jason Newsted using guitar pick when playing bass so it's not that hard to copy his basslines. They are legends and fans love their music until today. Recently they celebrated their 30th anniversary and it's nice to see them reunited with former members Dave Mustain and Jason Newsted and it brings back memories not just for them but for the fans.

9. pamz

pamz New Member

self employed
    I kinda like meytal Cohen's covers.. she makes drum covers look so easy yet so graceful. this is only my opinion if think she is not that good it is ok for me too.. I just like how smooth transition of each routine.. well the arrangement of drums of Metallica song are really legendary.. you can't say no to that.. I wish I could watch them play live.. that would be a dream come true for me.. but kudos for those people who creates drum covers of metallica..