Most popular singers in your country

Discussion in 'Country' started by yahm2001, Oct 6, 2017.

1. yahm2001

yahm2001 New Member

I'm from unitary sovereign state and island country in the Southeast Asia, Philippines. There are many popular singers in our country who brought our country into fame for achieving plaque and winning singing contests. But there are only few who I really idolized and influenced me with my singing. Lists of them are Regine Velasquez, Martin Nievera, Charisse Pempengco(Jake Zyrus) and Lani Misalucha. For me they are not just a singers but also a good model to the youth in our country today and for the next generations.

2. augusta

augusta New Member

I'm a Nigerian. There are popular artists in my country. They are Timaya, Tuface idibia ,Davido and WizKid etc.

yahm2001 likes this.
  3. marglai

marglai New Member

I'm from the Philippines too. I agree in yahm2001 that the Philippines got so many very good singers. Like Martin Rivera, Gary Valenciano, Sharon Cuneta, Jade Madela, which has been a winner in an international competition. We have also so many singer artists renowned internationally, like Ariel Pineda of Journey, Apple d App, Leah Salonga and so much more. But whether what country you come from, important is we all love music.

4. yahm2001

yahm2001 New Member

You say so marglai..

5. justraf16

justraf16 New Member

I would definitely run out of space if I would go enumerate all the popular singers in my country. They are literally a lot. I am a Filipino and we are known to be music lovers. I think the most successful ones are Regine Velasquez, Gary V., Martin Nievera. They are in the music industry for more than 3 decades, and continue to flourish until this age of time.