ONE DAY "REGGAE MUSIC

Discussion in 'Reggae' started by yahm2001, Oct 6, 2017.

1. yahm2001

yahm2001 New Member

This song "one day" is one of my favorite reggae music. It sangs by many singers by their own rendition but the spirit of the song is still there. I love listening to this song.
    May I know what is you favorite reggae music/song?

2. jyu

jyu New Member

One day by Matiyashu the composer of this song if i`m not mistaken is Bronu Mars
    I really love this song the lyrics of this song is so precious straight to the heart
    for me it should be the anthem song of the world.

Bugoy Drilon made a cover of this song a Filipino singer try to watch it
    you can find it on youtube.

3. justraf16

justraf16 New Member

If I can remember this song is an old song. It's originally sung by Matiyashu. Here in the Philippines, it is popularized by Bugoy Drilon when he covered it through live performance in guesting on a popular radio station Wish.

4. genesis

genesis New Member

Yup, justraf16 is right. The song was aired late 2009 or 2008, but just popularized by other artists. My favorite reggae song would be "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley. The song was great, just the same as this one day song. The groove, melody, it's perfect I think. And what do I think about the lyrics? I guess I disagree, woman doesn't make a man cry, it's the situation that we are encountering. But still, this music rocks. :) Try to listen in the song and play it with your guitar, I bet ladies would love to have a party with you. :D

5. nnacrter

nnacrter New Member

This song plays in every corner of our city. Sometimes I get rid of it.

6. yahm2001

yahm2001 New Member

You are all right guys. This song always bring me to life everytime I hear this one.

7. bernztein_22

bernztein_22 New Member

This is the very first reggae song that I listened to and appreciated. It is actually still my favorite reggae song. The message is just so deep and meaningful.

8. bernztein_22

bernztein_22 New Member

Hi there! Wish radio bus is the home of Filipino singers now hahaha. They let new and aspiring singers to showcase their talent and be recognized even Internationally. Bugoy Drilon's cover of "One Day" is one the covers that became popular Internationally that International Youtubers have reacted to.

9. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja Member

Wow, it's news to me that Bruno Mars was the composer of this song. This just proves how talented Bruno Mars is. I love all of his songs and those other songs that famous artists sang and was composed by him.

10. junrose123

junrose123 New Member

Whenever I heard this song it always reminds me of my childhood times together with my friends, I really this song because it is good and the lyrics as well has a meaning which is quite interesting. I only like few reggae songs and I am glad that this song is one of my all time favorite.