Philippine rock music

Discussion in 'Rock' started by yahm2001, Oct 16, 2017.

1. yahm2001

yahm2001 New Member

I am not really fan of rock music but I only have few choice of rock songs, my favorite rock music from aegis. Try to listen to their pop rock music and they will rock your world.

2. jyu

jyu New Member

For me it's rivermaya :) and callalily I live in the Philippines and I love rock music's or OPM songs.

3. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    I agree Aegis, Rivermaya and Callalily definitely had a great impact on the music industry here in the Philippines. I remember the old chic o clock bar and grill now (Manila Grand Opera Hotel) where Aegis perform regularly every weekends. Rivermaya like eraserheads also an icon of the 90's alternative band era in the Philippines and during the year 2000 they were called "Banda ng Bayan". Callalily on the other hand came to limelight during mid 2000 with their hit song stars and magbalik.

There are so many talented filipino artist in the Philippines including Side A, South Border, Parokya ni Edgar, Eraserheads, The youth etc. that makes the music industry and the country proud.

4. ion

ion New Member

Well if really wanted to hear great rock song or Filipino rock songs, try to listen to Razorback, Wolfgang, POT or kapatid. and some rock metal bands like Quezo, Greyhoundz and Slapshock. They are not "Pogi Rock" compare to the mainstream bands right now.

5. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

I like listening to Eraserheads and Parokya ni Edgar. I've been listening to them since my high school days and their music stuck with me. Whenever I hear their songs, I remember my high school life.

6. walter12

walter12 New Member

Wolfgang and POT are without a doubt my favorite bands to listen too, regardless of my mood their songs always help me and cheer me up

7. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

This reminds me of my brother who was always tuned in to the am radio station of DZRJ that played Pinoy rock music. We were in high school during that time when local rock music was just starting in this part of the globe. The song Ang Himig Natin which means our melody was a slow rock but definitely rock. It was performed by the original rockers here called Juan Dela Cruz band which was composed of rock greats Mike Hanopol, Wally Gonzales and Pepe Smith. Pardon me if there is a mistake in the names.

8. albino

albino New Member

Even today after listening to other rock music I still like Juan Dela Cruz Band of Pepe Smith. Its funny, entertaining and having a relation to our daily life. Not just a rock music but a story of every Filipino people.