R&B music has changed over the years

Discussion in 'R&B' started by Garost303, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Garost303

Garost303 New Member

I don't know if it's just me but I feel that R&B music is really changing. Back in the days very sweet and relaxing R&B music used to be produced and you could easily enjoy it. If i listen to today's R&B music all I hear is noises.

2. Canadian

Canadian Member

Not just R&B but all styles of music have been changing over the years. That's usually what happens with music. Music is also going to be very different in 5 years from now.

3. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

Yes it is. I kinda miss the R&B of the 1990s and early 2000s. Those were the great years of R&B. Now, R&B was influenced by electronic, as well as trap. Some R&B singers commercialized their music by following the trends. Good thing some R&B singers stick to their genre.

4. Canadian

Canadian Member

You have the option to just only listen to R&B music from the 1990s and early 2000s. Just keep listening to the music from that era over and over and don't listen to the new stuff. That's what I do pretty much with classic rock. I listen to that type of music a lot from the 70s and 80s.

5. augusta

augusta New Member

I have noticed now too.most want people appreciate now is the noise called hiphop.I begin to wonder what's so melodious about that.

6. Gladys Ann

Gladys Ann New Member

Well yes I noticed that too because before RNB music is full of souls everytime an RNB stars sings this kind of genre but I know I listen to it differently maybe because singers before are not the same with the singers we have today.

7. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    It has change a lot this past two decades of listening to r&b music. i am a fan of old school r&b music like Boyz 2 men, Brian McKnight etc. old school r&b music is more of a love song back then with emotional lyrics that makes the song more sentimental. Now i find r&b songs more of a dance music with cool beat and nice lyrics but unlike the old school r&b now they have a wide variety of inspiration for their lyrics which shows the significant changes on the genre for these past decades.