Saying No

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by Canadian, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

Some people have trouble saying no. They say yes to everything they are asked to do. Have you ever seen the movie Yes Man? People in real life are kind of like that who have a problem by saying no.

I use to be a Yes man. I would say yes to everything and then quickly realized I would get way too stressed out. Now I'm doing a lot better at thinking about things when I'm asked to do something and I will think if I really want to do it or not before simply saying yes.

Where do you fall in?

2. Kammy143

Kammy143 New Member

I haven't seen the movie but I know a certain somebody who has a hard time in saying no to other people. I think it is a way of people like him to blend in. He is not a people pleaser and he does not ask for anything in return, but he always make it a point to help others even with the smallest favors. I guess there are some pros and cons that comes with these kind of attitude towards others. Either he gains a lot of friends that genuinely appreciates the kind gestures that he does, and there is the dreaded thing where people abuses his kindness.

3. mrnndsyrfbc

mrnndsyrfbc New Member

Answering a yes or no question might seem easy to others but could also be pressuring to some. There are actually people who say yes all the time and doesn't even think about the consequences that could happen. Sometimes saying no is something we can do. Its not wrong to say no, sometimes we can say no to protect ourselves and to protect our loved ones. It actually depends in the question and situation.