The Beatles

Discussion in 'Rock' started by Canadian, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Canadian

Canadian Member

The Beatles put on amazing shows and were quite the band back in their day. Their music will always live on.
    What is your favorite album by the Beatles? What is your favorite song by them?

2. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

I am not a huge fan by The Beatles, but I must admit that they were l the biggest selling recording artists of all time even sales estimates run about a billion records. Their most successful studio album I think was "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club", while their 2000 compilation album "#1s" was the biggest selling record. My favorite song from them was the sentimental song "Here, There, and Everywhere".

3. Canadian

Canadian Member

Yes you are correct about that. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club was a big hit for sales. I have so many favorite songs but I think my all time favorite song by them is 'Come Together'

4. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I grew up in the 60's and 70's, so the Beatles were kind of the thing back then-and I remember walking up and buying the new albums at the record shop when a new album came out-and also getting a Beatles cassette in my Christmas stocking - also when I was very young having a Beatles lunchbox in the late 60's. So yeah, they were a big part of my life and I like a lot of their albums and songs-I really liked Norwegian Wood a lot and I found Alanis Morissette singing it which is quite interesting !

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy New Member

This band was very popular in my younger days Although I am not a music lover, I had no choice but to hear the songs of the Beatles because of my older brothers who are their fans. But I already remember the last album of The Beatles which is Abbey Road. I think that was in 1971 or 1972. After that album, the group disbanded for good. John Lennon and Paul McCartney went solo. And the rest is history.

6. hugs23

hugs23 New Member

The Beatles songs reminds me of my younger days. I grew up in 90's but I always hear The Beatles songs because my father loves to listen to their playlist. I'm just 26 years old right now but I know most of their songs. I used to sang their songs like "Let it be", "Hey Jude", "Yesterday" and "Strawberry Fields Forever". I remember we had vhs tape of their song before and I love to reminisce the time when my father and I had duet in the Karaoke and sang The Beatles songs.

7. boniboi

boniboi New Member

I discovered The Beatles when I was a freshman in high school (80's). It was the song Twist and Shout that got me into them. After that I researched and bought lots of Beatles records. My personal favorite was the Help album because it contains some of their best songs like Ticket To Ride (the first Beatle song I learned on guitar), You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and You're Gonna Lose That Girl among others.

8. chelley17

chelley17 New Member

My favorite The Beatles songs are Hey Jude, Come Together and Yesterday. But I'm not sure about their albums, I was born 1982 and I think they stopped songs around 1960's.

9. wiseagent

wiseagent New Member

In relation to this band, I have to say that I swim completely against the tide.

Honestly, I never understood the fascination of people for them. I know all the relevancy that they have for the music scene (I agree that they were responsible for a kind of "revolution" at the time), but I can not seem to like them (as hard as I try :confused:).

10. Jenna David

Jenna David New Member

I am not sure about the albums but I love their songs namely Hey Jude!, Yesterday, In my life, All you need is love and Come together. I have learned about their songs by my family members mostly the elders. They have loved playing The Beatles's music. When you listened to their songs, they gave you a different emotion and you just go with the flow of the melody. Truly, the music before are far different from what we have now.