Which instrument don't you play, but you want to learn?

Discussion in 'On-Topic' started by Shine_Spirit, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I always liked the sound of the piano. It's something that sounds like magic to my ears. I even tried to do some lessons some years ago, but the learning is very complex (more than i was expecting :eek:).

I gave up and never tried again. :(

2. amitkokiladitya

amitkokiladitya Member

Casio is one instrument that can be played at many occasions. It fits both small and big events. I would love to learn to play it. I wish I learn it very soon in the near future.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

My main instrument I play is the guitar, but I can also play Bass (to some extent) and I'm still learning how to play the drums. I first learned how to play the guitar when I was about 12 years old as my father also used to play and was in a local band that played around the pub and club scene and I just learned from him. The older I got, the more interested I became in the whole concept of music, so as well as wanting to just play, I also wanted to learn about the structures of what makes up the music as well. The Bass seemed to be the next logical step to take as it's not all that much different from guitar, and I want to learn about the rhythm and tempo of the music so that's why I'm starting with the drums.

I've never really been interested in any other instruments really, and while I can appreciate how hard it is to play instruments like the piano or violin, I've no real desire to want to know how to play them myself.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

Piano is the first instrument I learned to play but I'm not that good, and can't read notes as well. I just know how to play the basics and I can learn to play new songs easily :) I also play the drums and flute but I would like to learn how to play the violin. I always want to learn how to play this instrument because I find it classy and there are a lot of songs that I really like which has violin parts in it so I would like to play them one day :)

pwarbi likes this.
  5. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

Each to their own I guess, but for me, one of the worst sounding instruments around is the violin, and especially being played badly! I don't know enough about the instrument to decide who's a good violinist and who isn't, I just know that I've heard street musicians play the violin and it's made me not want to visit that part of the city anymore they have been that bad!

On a serious note, I guess the violin has it's place, and especially in a orchestra. I'm not sure I'd want to sit and listen to a 10 minute violin solo though, and especially if I hadn't had a few drinks beforehand!

6. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I'm a drummer through and through, but if I had the time to learn a new instrument, I'd probably pick the saxophone. I love the sound of the sax, and have always wanted to find a way to play more jazz and funk music. I dig funk drumming, but just can't bring myself to get into jazz drumming as much.

7. hawkseeeveryone

hawkseeeveryone New Member

I'm pretty interested in learning how to play the guitar. I've grown up playing drums, bass, and piano, but I've always had problems with the guitar because I had short stubby fingers! So that is definitely next on my list!

8. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

Electric guitar! I have been a drummer for some years now but when I was first "making decision" of which instrument I actually want to learn I was deciding between drums and electric guitar.

My dad used to play it as a teenager and drove my grandparents mad because it was so loud :)

I really love the sound of it over an acoustic. Some of the rifts literally give me goosebumps.

People say that you should first learn on an acoustic then switch to electric but I have no idea.

So ye, maybe in the future I will have some time to actually spend on learning the electric guitar.

9. Pravish

Pravish New Member

I always wanted to learn to play a Guitar. But I have seen people struggling with it for a long time to just learn the basics of it, so now I have decided to learn to play Piano. Being a pilot it is very difficult for me to join a regular piano class. I have tried to learn it from YouTube, but I guess a particular art can only be transferred from an artist to another person. I am trying a way to figure out to join a piano class or find someone who can come and teach me with a flexibility in time.

10. Trig_Ke

Trig_Ke Member

I am always envious of violin players. I like the sound it produces and how one can have so much fun with it. There are times I see the players even shaking as they reach for some notes. I am hoping that one day I will learn the violin and become a professional.

11. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod New Member

I don't play drums and piano, and piano is one of my favorite instruments, if not the favorite. They are both pretty hard and require a lot of devotion. Also they are expensive. But I hope that I'll get a chance some time in the future to learn one of these, or maybe both.

12. luri

luri Member

I don't play keyboard and I want to learn keyboard. Having said that I have never tried learning keyboard. Interest and dedication are two different things. In order to learn something you need to have interest on it, simply having interest is not enough, you should have dedication as well. You will be able to learn only if you are dedicated. You also need a lot of time to learn.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I confess that I was very surprised at how much learning to play the piano is something so difficult. I mean, it's necessary to have an absurd concentration besides an excellent motor coordination. Definitely, it's not something for everyone.

14. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I would probably go with some Bongos because they seem simple to learn how to play-but I would think you would need a great sense of rhythm and soul that comes from the inside. Everybody thinks of a beatnik poet when you mention the bongos,and it seems like you could sit on your back porch and maybe learn how to play-maybe watch a few youtube videos as well to help you along.

15. Elvis271

Elvis271 New Member

I definitely love a lot of music instruments. But i have to say that Xylophone is my best instrument. I have made a point of learning how to play it from an expert and the outcome was a splendid achievement. I however would want to perfect it to an extra level. The sounds of this wonderful instrument just makes me feel excited and revived everyday especially during my leisure time

16. Kammy143

Kammy143 New Member

I would like to learn piano and guitar. I grew up playing no other musical instruments that can be played in a beautifully arranged melodic way. Hence, if i cannot play it by shaking or tap it in the most simple manner, I wouldn't be able to play it. I played with a simple drum, maracas and tambourines. I had a guy who wants to teach me how to play a guitar but sadly, he got impatient with me and there goes his eagerness to teach me. lol!

17. ion

ion New Member

Violins. I really love the sounds of violins, and I wish I know how to play it. I can play guitar, a little piano. but this one, this violin looks interesting for me. I wonder how it works, how to play that violin. If I have enough time. I will enroll in violin class.

18. superman2727

superman2727 Member

Definitely, Drums is the only instrument I can't play but I want to. I actually don't know why but I can't really play drums even if I want to. I already tried to watch tutorials on youtubes but it didn't work at all.