Who are your favorite Country singers?

Discussion in 'Country' started by Shine_Spirit, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I'm not going to say everyone (because my list is pretty long), but here are some that I think are excellent: Willie Nelson, LeAnn Rimes, Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Kellie Pickler, Shania Twain, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill.

What would be yours?

pwarbi likes this.
  2. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

There's a pretty mixed bag you've named there @Shine_Spirit, haha. I'm not sure that Willie Nelson will appreciate being put on the same list as LeAnn Rimes, but I do agree that in their own styles they possibly do deserve to be there. Dolly Parton, and Kenny Rodgers probably also deserve a place, as does Johnny Cash who is my favourite.

Country music is a genre of music that I only listen to every now and again as I find it a bit...well, depressing to be honest, bust seeing as it's the most popular form of music in the world, there's obviously something going for it and it's another one of those genres that will always be around unlike some of the more modern forms of music.

Trig_Ke and Shine_Spirit like this.
  3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail New Member

I remember those times when my dad used to play country songs especially when he's unwinding while smoking and drinking scotch or brandy. I don't remember the singers nor the songs but I have my own favorite country songs and one of them is Remember When by Alan Jackson. From the moment I've heard that song, I then listen to all Alan Jackson's songs and all of them are truly magnificent :) Other country singers that I also like are Shania Twain, Blake Shelton and Faith Hill :)

pwarbi likes this.
  4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

My intention was precisely this, to diversify the styles by putting several different artists on the same list (and I think I got it, didn't I? :p). I listen (and I like) practically all the styles of Country music. :)

Dolly Parton, Kenny Rodgers and Johnny Cash definitely are also on my list. :cool:

pwarbi likes this.
  5. Paras Tiwari

Paras Tiwari New Member

To be honest, I never really got into Country Music. I just feel lately that Country Music sounds a lot like Pop Music. I would have to say my favorite country musician has to be Johnny Cash. I mean just listening to his songs you can tell they have a lot of depth and meaning behind them. He was a brilliant writer and musician, who left behind a treasure trove of amazing music. I think more country singers should really think about going back to their roots and remembering what Country Music is all about.

6. zebali

zebali New Member

My favorite country singer is country singer Carrie Underwood. She has a magical voice and hottest looks. I never missed her single song. Here is the list of her songs that I often use in my playlist.

All American Girl
    Before He Cheats
    Blown Away
    Change
    Chaser
    Choctaw County Affair
    Church Bells
    Cowboy Casanova
    Cupid's Got a Shotgun
    Dirty Laundry
    Do You Think About Me
    Forever Changed
    Good Girl
    Good in Goodbye
    Heartbeat
    Home Sweet Home
    I Know You Won't
    I Told You So
    Inside Your Heaven
    Jesus, Take The Wheel
    Just A Dream
    Keep Us Safe
    Last Name
    Leave Love Alone
    Like I'll Never Love You Again
    Little Girl Don't Grow Up Too Fast
    Little Toy Guns
    Look At Me
    Mama's Song
    Nobody Ever Told You
    Oh, Sunday Night
    One Way Ticket
    Play On
    Quitter
    Relapse
    Renegade Runaway
    See You Again
    Smoke Break
    So Small
    Someday When I Stop Loving You
    Something in the Water
    Songs Like This
    Starts With Goodbye
    Temporary Home
    Thank God for Hometowns
    The Girl You Think I Am
    There's a Place For Us
    Two Black Cadillacs
    Unapologize
    Undo It
    Wasted
    What Can I Say
    What I Never Knew I Always Wanted
    Wheel Of The World
    Who Are You
    Wine After Whiskey

7. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

My favorite Alt-Country Singers are Neko Case, and Kathleen Edwards ,also Wilco and Gram Parsons are some great artists as well. They also call or label these artists Folk Rock as well sometimes which is interesting, but yes I like some of these artists a lot ! These kind of bands do not really fit the nashville sound nor the outlaw kind of music either.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  8. Arbitrary

Arbitrary Member

Country isn't as big here so I don't listen to it often at all but I do know some singers like Tim McGraw, Sam Hunt, Dolly Parton and so on. I'm not too familiar with the less known ones.

Still, my favorite country singer is, without a doubt, Johnny Cash. He is a legend. I was hurt when he died because I loved some of his old songs. At least he will live forever through the music he has made and the enormous influence he has had on the country music. I'll leave this here:

9. Trig_Ke

Trig_Ke Member

I like listening to country music. It has this unique taste I think because of the guitars and the vocals of the artists. My all time favourite artist is Kenny Rodgers. I totally admire his music and how his legend lives on. Dolly Parton was and is still awesome. These two made me fall in love with country music.

10. luri

luri New Member

I have listened to various Country singers, however, my favorite is Shania Twain. Still the one is my all time favorite song from Shania Twain. I also like to listen to Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood. Since country songs are soft, I listen to country songs mostly during the evening. Rock is my favorite genre and when I am not listening to rock, you will find me listening to country songs.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

Carrie Underwood is an amazing singer (I love her since I met her at the American Idol)! About the list you have posted: OMG :eek:, what a great list! :cool: I don't know a few names, but I'm going to try to listen to some songs from them.

12. Elvis271

Elvis271 New Member

I have to say that the list of my favorite country musicians is long. Especially due to the assumption that country music is one of my favorite music genres. But still, there are some outstanding musicians in this genre that i treasure and adore due to their immersing talent and the content they give through their music composition. Dolly Parton and Jim Reeves are definitely the best out of the long list. They have made country music cross all boundaries of music entertainment to an exra level.

13. tallulah

tallulah New Member

Oh goody! Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, Zach Williams (Chain Breaker). I also love the old country stars, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers. Country music for me represents a guitar strumming, easy listening and a sweet soulful sound with high notes.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. sachin

sachin Member

My favorite singer is
    SPB
    Shankar Mahadevan
    Udit Narayanan
    Shreya Ghoshal
    Chitra
    Susheela etc its going to be long list.
    They were the masters of singing.When we hear their musics we just forget ourself.

15. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

I am not a huge country music fan, but I had listen to songs from l numerous country artists. To be honest, I miss those times when Taylor Swift still sings country. Shania Twain was also one of the most successful country singers with "Come on Over" as the biggest selling country album ever. My favorite song from her is "From This Moment On". I also like Blake Shelton, as well as Sam Hunt.

16. augusta

augusta New Member

I think I will go with Shania twain.I love all her music.There are quite melodious and bring out the beat and rhythm of country music.it always a delight to listen to those music.I love to country music on a very boring day.