Who is the best drummer in your opinion?

Discussion in 'Metal' started by AlexHarris, May 15, 2017.

1. AlexHarris

AlexHarris New Member

My friend and I were having this debate a week ago about who our favorite drummer is. My favorite is Aaron Kitcher from Infant Annihilator. While comparing music is completely opinion based, I would like to know who your favorite drummer is.

2. zebali

zebali New Member

I think Rob Bourdon is the best drummer in Linkin Park band. He keeps it up with the flow of song and lyrics. He is the youngest person in the Linkin Park. He performed so well for the song " Bleed It Out ". He performed so hard for the new album " Hunting Part " that he had a serious back and neck injury. His performance in Toronto show was much amazing. I love this person and his performance is really more than best.

AlexHarris likes this.
  3. AlexHarris

AlexHarris New Member

Yeah, I remember that. I wish I had a passion like that. Unfortunately, procrastination stops me from doing things before I even try it. I also like both the previous drummer, James and current drummer, Kieran of Asking Alexandria. I miss Danny though they should never have replaced him.

4. TheArticulate

TheArticulate New Member

I think the drummer that has been most influential to me is Darren King, drummer for Mutemath. The man's incredible, and he rocks a minimalist kit like nobody's business. It wasn't until I started watching him play that I realized it doesn't matter how many toms or cymbals you have on your kit, it's about what you can do that makes the drumming impressive.

And tied with Darren King, and probably the opposite of what I just described, is Mike Portnoy formerly from Dream Theater. Prog metal is a phenomenal source of great drumming, and Dream Theater is the cream of the crop, in my opinion. Portnoy would tuck fills and other odd rhythms into every nook and cranny that he could on his tracks, and it just added so much flavor to their music. Fantastic drummer.

5. arachnophobik

arachnophobik New Member

Mine is tied to both Joey Jordison and David Silveria. I like Joey's speed and technicality but I love David's groove and power. The old David Silveria drum tracks in classic KoRn albums were great, amazing in fact. During the 4th album was the time he got told not to play the way he does by their producer I believe, so that's where he lost his edge. Joey is amazing on all the Slipknot records he performed on too, but I thought his drum style in the first two was beyond amazing.

6. sachin

sachin Member

Neil Pert is best for me.

7. boniboi

boniboi New Member

I have many drummer "heroes" and it's impossible to just point to one as the greatest of them all. But to name a few, John Bonham and Ian Paice from Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple are the "it" guys when it comes to classic rock. Neil Peart is my pick for progressive rock drummer and the mighty ex-Slayer Dave Lombardo is my favorite when it comes to thrash metal.

8. jeffrey0821

jeffrey0821 New Member

freelancer
    For me it's Jeff Porcaro from the 80's rock band Toto. He is considered as one of the best during the 70's and 80's with his renowned drum patter for the song "Rossana" called the half-time shuffle. Playing along side another great artist Steve Lukather the band gain popularity with their great music. But unfortunately Jeff Porcaro died on 1992 the music industry celebrated his life and greatness and by 1993 Jeff Porcaro was inducted to Modern Drummer Hall of Fame.