Why do some people find Country annoying?

Discussion in 'Country' started by Shine_Spirit, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Member

I have no idea why (because I love Country music), but even though I have already heard some reasons for many people, I didn't consider them plausible. For example: "I don't like it because the lyrics are cheesy." or "The musical arrangements are always so simple".

If you don't like Country music, what would be your explanation?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7 New Member

I am a lover of most music genre and country music is no exception. For me, each type has its own time for indulgence according to the mood. Country music is chock full of variety and there are some really wacky titles that can be very amusing.

3. Folk Artist

Folk Artist Member

I like the Alt-Country genre a lot and some of the artists include Neko Case,Lucinda Williams,Wilco,Tift Merritt,Kathleen Edwards,and Rosanne Cash. This music has Roots-Rock,Folk Rock,and Bluegrass in it and operates outside of Nashville as well. I actually enjoy this music and have been to some their concerts including Neko Case and Lucinda Williams.

4. Canadian

Canadian Member

From what people tell me, they don't like how sad a lot of the songs are in Country music. Or they don't like the way the voice sounds while singing.
    I enjoy country music though as I like all types of music. I don't listen to as much Country music as I should!

5. iyanpol12

iyanpol12 New Member

I don't even understand why people doesn't like country music. They used to be popular in my country before. But they were unpopular now. I am not a fan too, but I don't dislike them. There are some good country songs too.

6. ann.mae18

ann.mae18 New Member

i would say i dislike country music but its just the way it sound that make not like to listen to it.

7. justraf16

justraf16 New Member

For me personally Country music is not annoying. But if you would listen to most of country songs, they sound like the same. For me it doesn't annoy me but it make me feel boring instead.

8. fredoman

fredoman New Member

I also heard a lot of bad things about country music that their rhythm is all the same, it's simple and plain and other stuffs, but for me I so love country music because the music is so relaxing and the simplicity of country music brings a lot of excitement for me. your thoughts?